Recently in the third edition of the report “Trends in Prevalence of Tobacco Use 2000-2025”, published by the World Health Organization (WHO), the report “Trends in Prevalence of Tobacco Use 2000-2025” Has steadily decreased.
main point Global Tobacco Consumption Reduction:
- At present, about 40 million children in the age group of 13 to 15 years consume tobacco, including 1 crore 40 lakh girls and 2 crore 90 lakh boys.
- The WHO has stated for the first time that there has been a steady decrease in the number of men using tobacco.
- Over 8 million people die every year due to the consumption of tobacco. 7 million of these people consume tobacco directly, while more than 1 million people are affected indirectly (due to cigarette smoke etc.).
- Most deaths due to tobacco consumption occur in low and middle income countries. In these countries, tobacco producing companies intervene and market extensively.
- Tobacco use has decreased globally in the last two decades, where 1,397 crore people consumed tobacco in the year 2000, while in the year 2018, 1,337 crore people consumed it.
- The report said that the number of men consuming tobacco is not increasing and it is estimated that the number of men consuming tobacco will decrease by 10 lakhs by the year 2020 as compared to the year 2018.
- Compared to the year 2018, by 2020, the number of tobacco users (both men and women) will decrease by 1 crore and by 2025, an additional 20 million people will stop using it.
- After 2010, tobacco consumption has steadily decreased in about 60 percent of the countries of the world.
- Despite these achievements, governments have set a target of 30 percent reduction in global tobacco consumption by 2025. But given the current situation, it is being said that by the year 2025, only 23 percent can be reduced.
- The target of 30 percent reduction in tobacco consumption is being implemented only by 32 countries. To achieve these goals, it is necessary that other countries of the world also try to limit the use of tobacco.
- This reduction in tobacco use at the global level shows that if governments implement strong policies on the consumption of tobacco and other drugs on a large scale, it can improve the health status of the citizens and society of the country.
You May Also Like Latest Post Arunchal Pradesh